Following are the blog post guidelines. Pelase follow these while creating your blog posts to speed up the editorial process:
- Keep your content broken up into easily flowing groups of text. People won’t read a one-paragraph 500 work post, but they will read a post broken up into five 100 word paragraphs.
- Use bullet points whenever you can. Same deal, people will scan and see a bullet list and think “easily digestible reading ahead”
- Break every content section up with a HEADING 3. that’s what is above that reads “Formatting”. Title each section with something that summarizes the content block.
- Try to use at least one photo placed 1/4 of the way down the post. Again, people see photo and the reading gets less intense.
- Use as little words as possible to get your point across.
- Use the “Add Media” tool at the top of the posting area.
- Upload the image. Always have the image align left or right and always put a caption. This will fix some of the stupid formatting errors that can happen.
- Also, always choose the medium version of the photo (should be like 300px tall or wide). The thumbnail is usually too small.
- Captions need to be short and succinct.